The Kansas City Women’s Music Network (KCWMN) Board of Directors is a group of people aimed at expanding the capacity of KCWMN by supporting the organization with fundraising, events, networking, and strategic partnerships. The Board will consist of 8-12 volunteer community members. The goals of KCWMN board are to raise awareness about KCWMN the Kansas City community through planning events and creating partnerships, to achieve the ultimate goal of supporting, empowering, teaching women, and producing events and promoting female-identifying musicians.
We are in search of new board members who are passionate about supporting women in music locally in Kansas City and the surrounding areas, and eager to fulfill our mission of supporting female-identifying musicians across the Kansas City area, through events, education, promotion, and networking.
If you have questions, please contact Amanda O’Brien at info (at) kcwmn.org
Expectations for Board Members:
- The primary purpose of the board is to provide fundraising support to the organization. In order to be eligible for funding, 100% of board members must fulfill a personal contribution to the organization.
- Members will be willing to serve no more than two consecutive three-year terms as an elected member.
- Members commit to attending 10 board meetings per year, which are held Monday evenings at 6:30pm, the third Monday of each month, excluding November and December.
- The 2019 schedule is as follows: January 21, February 18, March 18, April 15, May 20, June 17, July 15, August 19, September 16, October 21
- Each member will actively participate in one or more committees and carry out appropriate assignments outside of monthly board meetings
- Each member will attend as many KCWMN and KCWMN-sponsored public events as possible
- Each member will act as an ambassador for the KCWMN in a formal and informal capacity
Targeted functions for board candidates
We have several specific needs to fill for the 2020 year. Please let us know if you are able to fulfill any of the following:
- Legal secretary to hold office of secretary
- CPA/Accountant to hold the office of treasurer
- Large Venues - For annual conference
- Small Venues - For recurring small group meetups and board meetings
- Printing - T-shirt’s, paper goods, promo material
- Advertising - Web and print
- Social Media
- Web and graphic design